We believe in the power and joy of learning
At Cengage Group, our employees have a direct impact in helping students around the world discover the power and joy of learning. We are bonded by our shared purpose - driving innovation that helps millions of learners improve their lives and achieve their dreams through education.
Our culture values diversity, engagement, and discovery
Our business is driven by our strong culture, and we know that creating an inclusive and diverse workplace is absolutely essential to the success of our company and our learners, as well as our individual well-being. We recognize the value of diverse perspectives in everything we do, and strive to ensure employees of all levels and backgrounds feel empowered to voice their ideas and bring their authentic selves to work. We achieve these priorities through inclusive programs, benefits, and initiatives that are integrated into the fabric of how we work every day. To learn more, please see .
Infosec, part of Cengage Group, believes knowledge is power when fighting cybercrime. We help IT and security professionals advance their careers with skills development and certifications while empowering all employees with security awareness and privacy training to stay cyber safe at work and home. It's our mission to equip all organizations and individuals with the know-how and confidence to outsmart cybercrime. We've been named to Madison's Top Workplaces and Chicago's Best Places to Work, and pride ourselves on our employee culture.
What You'll Do Here
As an Instructor with Infosec, you'll have the opportunity to share your real life experience with the Information Security and Information Technology world. You'll be an influencer, motivator, and thought leader in the industry. We encourage our instructors to constantly expand their skills through our own certification courses (usually on the house!), helping you reach your professional and technical goals.
You have a commanding presence and are able to manage a classroom easily. You're not just interested in a job, you have a passion for your craft and understand that sharing knowledge is one of the most important things you can do. You also know that excellent communication skills are imperative in any position and you get a thrill from presenting to others. You've probably sat through a boring certification class and thought about all the ways you'd rather have learned the material. Take those ideas and implement them at Infosec; we understand that engagement is just as important as the material. Our team of instructors are friendly, determined people who love what they do and have fun doing it!
You'll be the face of Infosec and part of our growing team of full time instructors. Our instructors teach about thirty-five weeks out of the year, and spend time working from home, creating course material. You'll be delivering classes both online and in person as well as giving your expertise to aid our content creation team. Your mission is to educate our students with all your worldly knowledge and prepare them for the respective certification exam.
- Excellent teaching and facilitation skills, and a deep-seated desire to aid others in learning
- Proven knowledge and experience installing, maintaining and troubleshooting many common information technology systems, including Microsoft, Cisco and Linux technologies
- Mastery of information security best practices including: encryption, application security, penetration testing, and computer forensics
- Ability to evaluate, design, and implement curriculum, testing, and/or teaching methodologies.
- Ability to teach effectively with students with diverse professional backgrounds
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of teaching methods, curriculum, and education programs.
- Knowledge of academic and/or vocational education curricula
- Knowledge of and ability to apply relevant current education methodologies and techniques
- 4+ years of technical Information Technology and Information Security experience (e.g Network Engineer, Security Engineer, etc.)
- 1+ years of Adult Education experience
- Ability to travel 50-75% (most commonly to Dulles, D.C., Atlanta, Dallas, Las Vegas, Colorado Springs, Chicago and San Diego)
- Bachelor's degree in CIS, MIS, IT, and/or appropriate skill level in related field.
An experienced Security Generalist with focus on technical security functions such as:
- Computer and Mobile Forensics - locating and examining evidence on devices; analyzing and report of findings
- Incident Response and Network Forensics - Detect, Contain and Mitigate Security Incidents
- Data Recovery - technical data recover skills: perform advanced level logical recoveries with a breadth of technical knowledge in diagnosis and recovery/replacement techniques with PCBs, SMDs, ROM SMDS, Voice Coils
- Reverse Engineering - technically skilled in Analysis of Hostile Code and Malware, Vulnerabilities in Binary, and Binary Obfuscation used by Hackers, Trojan Writers and copy protection algorithms.
- Experience and current certifications in two or more of the following (with the ability to achieve current certification from the additional list below):
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
- CCSP (Certified Cloud Security Professional)
- CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker)
- CPT (Certified Penetration Tester)
- CHFI (Computer Hacking Forensics Investigator)
- CCFP (Certified Cyber Forensics Professional)
- CCFE (Certified Computer Forensics Examiner)
- CSIH (Computer Security Incident Handler)
- CREA (Certified Reverse Engineering Analyst)
Cengage Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, parental status, cultural background, organizational level, work styles, tenure and life experiences. Or for any other reason. You may view Cengage's EEO/Affirmative Action Policy signed by CEO Michael Hansen and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice by visiting their corresponding links.
Cengage Group is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at accommodations.ta@ or you may call us at +1 (617) 289-7917.
If you are a Colorado state resident, please email jobpostinginquiries@ to receive compensation information for this role. Please be sure to include this posting's job ID in the subject line of the email to help ensure a timely response.
About Cengage Group
Cengage Group, a global education technology company serving millions of learners, provides affordable, quality digital products and services that equip students with the skills and competencies needed to be job ready. For more than 100 years, we have enabled the power and joy of learning with trusted, engaging content, and now, integrated digital platforms. We serve the higher education, workforce skills, secondary education, English language teaching and research markets worldwide. Through our scalable technology, including MindTap and Cengage Unlimited, we support all learners who seek to improve their lives and achieve their dreams through education.