We're Future. We're 3000+ colleagues over 250+ brands speaking to 400 million people every month across the globe through websites, events and magazines. We haven't just survived over the past couple of years, we've thrived, increasing our audience share, taking more number one positions, acquiring new businesses and launching new brands.
And we don't plan on stopping any time soon.
We've got ambitious plans that build on our growth momentum and unlock new opportunities and we're looking for talented people who want to be a part of it.
Kiplinger is a national media company that has been advising consumers and investors for almost a century. Among Kiplinger's better known publications are the monthly Kiplinger & Personal Finance magazine and The Kiplinger Letter, a weekly business and economic forecasting periodical for people in management. The total paid circulation of Kiplinger print periodicals exceeds 900,000, and its website, , receives millions of unique visits per month.
As Managing Editor you will be responsible for delivering engaging, actionable guidance to Americans saving for, planning for, and living in retirement. You will manage a monthly newsletter that covers retirement and pre-retirement matters, and will contribute to other Kiplinger publications, print and digital.
The successful candidate will be experienced and comfortable producing products in different formats, and working within a deadline to create timely, accurate, engaging pieces. This editor will manage the publication of the monthly print Kiplinger's Retirement Report, collaborate on contributions to Kiplinger's Personal Finance magazine, contribute to on a regular basis, and contribute to and help launch a variety of ancillary products and services.Requirements
- Experience in a fast-paced editorial environment, ideally working across both print and digital properties and directing the production of a newsletter, magazine, or other publication.
- Keen understanding of federal and state laws that impact retirement and retirees, including the legislative process. In addition, the ability to analyze the impact of legislation and regulation, court decisions, and to anticipate and spot trends.
- Keen understanding of personal finance topics, particularly those related to preparing for and living in retirement. An ability to anticipate and spot trends.
- A high comfort level with content management systems.
- A familiarity with SEO best practices and analytics-driven content strategy.
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
Our Future, Our Responsibility - Inclusion and Diversity at Future
- Unlimited Holiday - You read that right! We trust you to manage your workload and time
- A share in our success- every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
- 401k match
- Free food (monthly munchies, bagel Fridays, fresh fruit & snacks and coffee and tea on tap)
- Central office locations with cool open plan working spaces. We operate a flexible working plan and are COVID secure
We have a voice and we're going to use it. We promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but everything we do. We're an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process is free of bias and our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respecting of all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is underpinned by our values and employees - current and future - are treated with respect and fairness. Find out more about Our Future, Our Responsibility on our website.